Act Fast and Save Your Tooth – 6 Dental Emergency Tips
When a dental emergency happens, it’s important to do everything you can to save your tooth or reduce the chances of experiencing serious medical complications. If you can’t reach an emergency dentist right away, you’ll need to know what dental care steps to take. The following information can potentially save your tooth or protect your health when a dental emergency or sudden symptoms occur. Visit an emergency dentist in St. Clair Shores immediately, and be sure to take the tooth with you.
- If you have toothache pain, try to remove any trapped food particles with dental floss, and rinse your mouth with water. Be sure you don’t place aspirin on the tooth or gums. Visit an emergency dentist in St. Clair Shores as soon as possible.
- For a broken tooth, rinse your mouth with water and see an affordable dentist in St. Clair Shores immediately.
- If your tooth has been knocked out, hold the tooth by its crown and rinse the root under running water, but don’t disturb any attached tissue or scrub the tooth. If you can’t get the tooth back into its socket, store it in milk and take it with you to an emergency dentist in St. Clair Shores immediately.
- If you bit your lip or tongue and experience heavy or continuous bleeding, seek dental care treatment from an emergency dentist in St. Clair Shores or visit your hospital’s emergency room.
- If a wire from your braces breaks and becomes lodged in your tongue or gums, seek help immediately from an emergency dentist. If a wire is irritating your mouth, wrap the sharp end of the wire with gauze or cover it with cotton and beeswax until you can see your dentist.
- If you suspect a broken jaw, use a cold compress to reduce swelling and go to a hospital emergency room immediately, since a jaw injury can be serious.
How to Locate an Affordable Dentist When You’re Traveling
A dental emergency, especially when you’re traveling, is inconvenient and can be expensive, but there are several ways to find an affordable dentist wherever you are. Consult the Yellow Pages, perform an online search, contact the state’s dental association, or ask for a referral from the hospital emergency room for a local, affordable dentist. If you are traveling outside of the U.S., the U.S. embassy can provide information about dentists in the area.
To learn about our family dentistry practice in St. Clair Shores, call Gentle Dental of St. Clair Shores today at (248) 850-1809 or make an appointment.
Gentle Dental offers affordable family dentistry and gentle, compassionate dental care in St. Clair Shores. With 8 affiliated practices throughout Michigan, our offices are conveniently located with extended hours to meet your needs. At Gentle Dental of St. Clair Shores, we provide most dental services, from basic preventative care and general dentistry to specialized procedures and complete dental reconstruction. We accept most dental insurance plans and offer affordable financial solutions for any budget. Patient satisfaction is our top priority and we strive to provide the exceptional, affordable dental care and personal touch that lead to lasting relationships. A smiling patient is our greatest reward and we look forward to keeping those smiles healthy, beautiful, and bright. Discover an affordable dentist who truly cares at Gentle Dental of St. Clair Shores.